Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Saturday Finds.






It is Wednesday and finally I have some time to show you some of my weekend finds. I found the lovely pink Depression glass square footed bowl at a Lions shed sale. It wasn’t a bargain, but not overly expensive and because it is for me not to sell, the price was right. It is in fantastic condition.  I started out buying Depression glass to sell because I wasn’t really interested in it. Somewhere along the line I have changed my mind and now really like it. Like most collectors though I prefer the green, blue, pink and yellow over the amber but quite like the frosted amber glass.  Now I look back at some of the glass I have sold with regret. Oh well (sigh), I am sure they are being loved by someone.

I saw the aqua blue and gold 50’s bowl two tables away and I had to stop myself from jumping onto and over the table to get there. I have to admit though it looked a lot better in the dingy shed than in real life. Still in pretty good nick though. I am thinking it may have been a punch bowl due to its size. I think I will keep this one also. Hmm. This is happening more and more.  

Just found this one on the net:

The hand painted blue pitcher vase is marked ‘Made in England’ on the bottom and I think ‘Celtic’. I am guessing with my untrained eye 1930’s? I Googled it but could not find anything similar to it (in a hurry anyway). Great condition apart from a tiny, tiny loss of paint on the lip.

The pretty plate is marked ‘Royal Staffordshire Pottery, AJ Wilkinson Ltd, Honeyglaze’. I have a thing for the simple china patterns like this one, however not sure if this will be a keeper or not.

I welcome anyone to comment on the items I find and please feel free to correct me on anything I might write about them as I want to learn as much as I can.

More to come…





2 comments:

  1. Your blog cheered up my day! I love the photos of the canisters on your header. I have a complete set of green ones that I adore because they remind me of my grandparents.

    I am now a follower and I will try and keep up with what you post.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. They are great canisters aren't they. They have been sitting on top of our hutch out of direct sunlight for about a year. When I got them down to take the photo I noticed that the small red one has faded on the side that was closest to the sliding doors. So I guess even though sun light does not hit them they have been damaged by the glare. I am so annoyed with myself but I guess it is just one of those things. I have put them away for now until I find somewhere safer. It is a shame because they were so vibrant in colour.
    I hope you enjoy my blog and look forward to heading over to check out yours once the squids are asleep.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

This is the best bit, would love you to leave me a Vintage Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...