Thursday, January 20, 2011

My first post!

I started collecting vintage and retro items about six years ago. Much to my dismay I have discovered you cannot keep everything. This is due to the fact that we are still cleaning out my dads shed 10 years after his passing and his collection filled a large paddock when it came time to auction his things! A lot of my finds I sell on, but do keep things that I fall in love with.

I am fond of  kitchenalia which is interesting as I am severely domestically challenged. I seem to have a small collection growing of canisters, Depression glass and kitchen scales. However I buy pretty much anything that is old and interesting (and of course as long as it is a bargain!).

I have started this Blog as I love to talk about my finds but I tend to see friends and families eyes glazing over as I try and discuss what I discovered on the weekend. As for playing my Grandfather's favourite game 'how much do you think I got this for?', they really are spoil sports. They just don’t seem to understand. Crazy people.

4 comments:

  1. I know to well the let down when people really don't care how much you got something for ;) your right, those people are crazy!

    I have that brown flowery sheet... and a very similar one to the purple.

    Keshia
    http://thewigginstribe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keshia! Thanks for dropping by. Am going to have to check out your Blog also. Lots of fun eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello kindred spirit! I totally understand the "glazed over" look you mention- not everyone can appreciate the "stuff" we do! Working on my new blog (it's a mess right now). Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comment. I can only hope my blog becomes as nice as yours!

    ReplyDelete

This is the best bit, would love you to leave me a Vintage Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...