Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nally Ware



I love canisters but unfortunately I can't justify buying any more sets. I picked up these Nally Ware (1950's I think) blue and white set at a great second hand store in a local town. They were a great price but because I was so in love I didn't realise until I got home that there are supposed to be five of them. Note to self: try and keep head on straight when you see a bargain. Most likely I would have bought them anyway (that's what I tell myself). They are made of  Bakelite. I had been pronouncing Bakelite incorrectly for a couple of years (how embarrassing). I was saying bake - lite, instead of  bake - ka - lite. Luckily the lovely lady I bought these from corrected me.  I have performed the rub test on them (rubbed a spot on the canister until it warms up causing a strong odour) and it worked. Wow, stinky. Click Here

The other canisters and the tin with the tulip are past sales. Funky
Willow
Shabby Chic at its best!

7 comments:

  1. Cool Canisters! ok the set of 4 whats missing if there is meant to be a 5th?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar is missing between the flour and Rice. Doh!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    A new follower popping in from AMB to check out your blog
    Love it! Looking forward to a great read!

    Trish
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I love canisters! I am looking for something large for my dog food right now. I just don't want writing on them. I wish my local op shops had as much cool stuff as you find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have noticed the missing cannister if you hadn't pointed it out!
    Wonder where it could be?

    ReplyDelete
  6. those grey cannisters are breath-taking!!! Love your collection & welcome to the pyrex collective II. I look forward to browsing your blog often!

    http://educatednotdomesticated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a relative new comer to Nally Ware, I stumbled upon a lonely biscuit container at my local op shop recently (hello $2!) and have been in love ever since. Thanks for a great read!

    Kel x
    www.yougotthatatanopshop.com

    ReplyDelete

This is the best bit, would love you to leave me a Vintage Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...