Sunday, January 1, 2012

More finds and a win.




I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We had a quiet one and today I have post Christmas and NYE blues today knowing that it's all over for another year. The week between Christmas and New Years is my favourite of the whole year. Everyone in the holiday mood and relaxing. Master M kept asking when we would be going 'on holidays', we had to keep telling him that we ARE on holidays we are just not going anywhere. However I think we will have to book something next year as nothing beats being down the beach in this weather. It's a scorcher here today 39 degrees and similar for tomorrow. We ended up having a huge clean out of Master M's room this afternoon so a very exciting day all round - lol. At least the day wasn't wasted laying around (nothing else to do in this heat).

Below are some pics of  finds from the week before Christmas. I actually had an exciting find yesterday but as I haven't taken pics yet so you will have to wait for the next post.





OK so I paid too much for this but a lovely gentleman talked me into it. Didn't take much talking into though I must say. When I say too much, it wasn't THAT much but more than $10 (oh ok, it was $15).




I love the colour of this canister. The old lady wanted 10 cents!! I gave her 50c - big spender that I am. Hee hee.




Two of the three vintage Bushells jars (two large and one small. Shame they don't have their original lids. I bought them as I thought they would come in handy for something. They would make a great button jar!




 Have I shown you this before? I picked it up about six months ago. Not sure what I am going to use it for but it's pretty don't you think.





Thought I would show you this since it is so cute. Not vintage but reproduction, a little gift that Master M received from Santa. Push the lever on the side and the planes take off.  






Last but not least this is a giveaway win of mine from a couple of weeks ago. Thanks to Barn House Antiques! I wore it Christmas Eve and had quite a few comments. Gorgeous isn't it.



Hope you all are recovering well from your NYE celebrations. No recovery needed here apart from sleep as Little Miss decided that she stay awake from 12:15 to 2:15, who knew I had a party animal on my hands! Have a great night.

Sherry :)

Linking in with Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds.

17 comments:

  1. That green canister is such a lovely colour and what a bargain! I have the same set - 4 colours but a different sort of green- more olivey. your little girl is growing up isn't she, but very cute. melx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry, happy new year. I love the turqouise glass. I don't think 15 bucks is too much to pay for something you really love and you more than made up for it on that lovely apple green gayware canister. Total bargain. Gorgeous brooch too.

    Awwww, you've got a little red-head...just like my Annabel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great buys but my favorite is the canister. Hope Little Miss sleeps in for you. BTW......I'm with you on the beach holiday next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds for the week! I do love the blue glass thingo....so pretty & really not badly priced. 10cents for the canister is insane! Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely finds throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New year hun! I love the period between xma and new year too. I adore your finds esp that canister - brilliant! Your giveaway win is also beautiful - lucky girl :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherry, lots like summer has finally arrived, 38 is too hot for me. 34 here today.

    Great finds, I agree 10c is insane, but yet sooo good.
    Wishing you a fab 2012. I've enjoyed catching up with you over the past few months and looking forward to a great year ahead.

    Congrats on the win, the brooch is gorgeous!Tam x

    The kids are soo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thrifted finds. I found one of the Bushells jars with the metal lid a while ago, I think i'll have to put buttons in mine too.
    Wow you sure did get a bargain with the pretty green canister. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour on that canister IS amazing! And the swirly C letter is great too.

    Is the porcelain-looking item small enough to use as a pendant? It would look so beautiful as that or a simple barrette. Hope you share with us later what you end up doing with it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That colour of that glass is amazing! I have a similar tray, yours is lovely. That brooch what make any outfit elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about the canister. That plane toy, repro or not, is too cute.

    - Sir Thrift-A-Lot

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your finds! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Sherry ~ thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while. The pictures of your little peeps are gorgeous and I love the blue glass jar (it would be sooooo easy to start another collection!) I'm loving glass at the moment. Wishing you and your family lots of fun, laughter and happiness for 2012. I hope you also buy lots of vintage goodies over the coming months which I look forward to seeing ~ Haizi xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed this post!!! It looks great I am glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The canister is great, I'm jealous :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year!!! Love all your finds, especially that little airplane carousel, where did you get it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hallo Sherry, your blog is loveley. I also like the 50s and 60s. I wish you to find lots of good vintage goodies 2012.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete

This is the best bit, would love you to leave me a Vintage Hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...